Thursday, March 15, 2012

Radiohead - No suprises

 

No Surprises by Radiohead I love the kind of fairytale music in this song. The sound that resembles an old music box is used in a brilliant way! Lyrics follow:



A heart that's full up like a landfill
A job that slowly kills you bruises that won't heal
You look so tired, unhappy bring down the government
They don't, they don't speak for us
I'll take a quiet life, a handshake of carbon monoxide

And no alarms and no surprises, no alarms and no surprises
No alarms and no surprises

Silent, silent, this is my final fit my final bellyache with

No alarms and no surprises, no alarms and no surprises
No alarms and no surprises please

Such a pretty house and such a pretty garden

No alarms and no surprises (let me out of here), no alarms and no surprises (let me out of here)
No alarms and no surprises (let me out of here) please

Remember: lyrics are property of their owners.
Copyright by LyricWiki

A bit melancholic like most radiohead songs...well a bit more maybe it actually talks about suicide?!? or is it my idea??. Well anyway I think that is futile and it is no solution to any problem no matter how difficult life may seem.. My favourite line is:

"A job that slowly kills you bruises that won't heal"

You have expectations and dreams and then one day you realize you are just a part of the machine and you slowly loose your energy.

I also like "You look so tired, unhappy bring down the government They don't, they don't speak for us" it suits the politicians of my country and many countries I guess well...I hope we'll make it out of this mess.
 
Well "No alarms and no surprises" for tommorrow. Enjoy! and dont forget to drop a click if you like it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment